We currently have over 20 gardens in our network, which is very exciting for our community as we grow together. If you have a garden and are interested in joining our network, please note the following benefits, expectations, and membership types.
Benefits of Membership
As a member garden of GrowLocal (GL), the following benefits will be received:
- educational training in partnership with Purdue Extension, including, but not limited to best practices in: gardening, organizing, marketing, and volunteer recruitment;
- seedlings to be planted in the member garden;
- grant writing support for joint grant applications; and
- support from a Purdue Master Gardener.
During the membership term, the member garden agrees to:
- provide a member garden contact for GL;
- send a representative to all GL meetings;
- contribute to the operations of GL;
- attend GL educational training sessions;
- volunteer for GL events and activities;
- distribute marketing materials for GL; and
- promote associated activities and events on member garden social media.
Most of our large gardens are urban sharing gardens, which are gardens planned, planted and maintained as one large garden. Produce is available to anyone to take what they need.
The rest of our network members are private gardens, or those which serve the educational needs of one particular group.
Here is a link to the GrowLocal membership agreement that all member gardens sign: GLL Membership Agreement
If you are interested in becoming a member garden, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more on volunteer opportunities, please visit the Volunteer Opportunities page.